Why Should I Drink This?
If there is anything that embodies what the Boozy Barista is, it’s this: bold, caramelly, Marley Espresso with smooth, creamy RumChata and brown sugar! Tastes like having a sweet, cinnamony latte in a jello shot! It takes some time to make, but once it is finished you’ll be sure to impress any peeps at your next party!
Whatchoo need is…
- Rumchata (10 oz)
- Cold Brewed “Espresso Roast” coffee (4 Cups)
- Brown Sugar (5 Tbs)
- Boiling hot water (1 cup)
- Knox Unflavored Gelatin (2 envelopes) or Agar Agar (enough for 2 cups of gelatin)
- A stirrin’ spoon
- A small bowl
- Measuring cups
- Measuring spoons
- A pot for boiling water
- Jello shot cups
- A refrigerator with freezer
Then you gotta:
- Make your cold brew coffee first! This can take 12 hours to do, so this ain’t no joke!*
- Place your RumChata in a small bowl and put it in the freezer to chill.
- Place about 1 cup of water into a pot or sauce pan and bring to a boil. Once it is boiling, take it off the heat.
- Add your gelatin or agar agar to the boiling hot water and stir thoroughly until it is all dissolved and lump-free!
- Next pour your cold brewed coffee into the hot gelatin and keep stirring!
- Now add in your brown sugar and RumChata, and don’t stop stirring! Make sure it all blends together nicely!
- Once it looks as mixed as it can be, pour it all into a large measuring cup and start pouring it into your jello shot cups.
- Put the lids on your jello shot cups and place them in the fridge. They should be ready in about 2-4 hours.
- (Optional) If you have any leftover coffee beans, place one on top of each jello shot to make it look purrdy!
*Although some grocery stores are starting to sell pre-made cold brew coffee, I can not recommend any specific one to use for this. If you go that route just make sure it has a really bold, strong, black coffee taste and that it is unsweetened! That’s the brown sugar’s job.